The Tasmanian Modern Quilt Guild is based in Tasmania, Australia and we welcome membership from quilters from all around our little island state.
- To be affiliated with the official Modern Quilt Guild
- To be affiliated and work with the Tasmanian Quilters Guild to create a genuine, artist-driven place for modern quilting in Tasmania.
- To encourage, support, share and inspire modern quilting in Tasmania
- To work with other Modern Quilt Guilds nationally and internationally and other groups with a similar vision
- To encourage new quilters and textiles artists in non-traditional quilting projects.
- To offer educational opportunities through classes, workshops, and sharing of information
- To incorporate technology in building a quilting community through the use of social media and online education where possible, with a particular focus on isolated demographics.
- To support local stores, teachers, and fabric designers through custom and exposure.
- To support and provide opportunities for charitable or other works to provide back to the community through the use of modern quilting skills.
Guild Meeting Locations:
We meet on the first Wednesday of each month at the New Town Bay Rowing Club in the upstairs function room. This is an AMAZING space, with loads of room for our sewing days and workshops. And there is a bar ;o)